In order to avoid long queues on food trucks and merchandise stalls and to limit the carrying and handling of large sums of cash for visitors and staff: there will be no more cash at the Nova Rock. Payment will only be made by card. These cards will be handed out directly at the festival. The credit balance can topped up on site by cash, debit card, credit card (Visa Card, Master Card) or by buying a voucher at our webshop. The new technology offers many advantages makes paying at the festival easier, faster and more secure.PHOTO GALLERY WITH ALL NECESSARY INFO
- NOVA ROCK Card: Here in short form only referred to as „card“. The card allows you to make cashless payments on-site as with a debit card – just easier and faster.
- Charging station: You can top up your money in our containers. Open credit can only be paid out online at the containers served or after the festival (= pay out). In each charging station, there is also the possibility to ask questions about the system and handling problems. Our card crew will be glad to help you.
- Card number: Each card has a unique card number / number code associated with your transactions.
- Online Info Portal: Under the following link you can use your card number to see your balance and read the FAQs: www.novarock.at/cashless
- Cashless Check: A voucher corresponds to the regulations governing the cash register and the allocation of vouchers in accordance with the Austrian regulations and is made available online for each booking
What is a NOVA ROCK Card?
The Card enables you to pay on site similar to a bank card. The Card is equipped with a RFID chip. Credit will be added directly to the Card. Two different cards will be available, a white unbranded card and a branded NOVA ROCK festival card. Only the branded card can be purchased for EUR 5.00 each. In addition you will receive the festival key fob at no extra cost, which otherwise costs EUR 5.00 at the festival. Branded festival tickets take part in a raffle for free. More info coming soon.
How does paying with the Card work?
- Get your Cashless Card on site at a Top-Up Station (Ladestation) and add suitable credit to it. For activating the card you don’t have to pay any
- Any financial exchange in the venue and on the camping site will be conducted through the Card. Cash will not be accepted.Exceptions: Trash deposit, Shuttle Busesand Lake shuttles (to go for a swim).
- Payment process: Hold your Card to the payment device, check the amount on the display and our bar crew then confirms the payment. Mistakes cannot be rectified later and cancellations are not possible. The amount is deducted from the credit balance. Only when the payment process is completely finished, you will get the product / service afterwards.
- Tip:Before you line up e.g. at the bar, always mind your credit balance so you can avoid lining up twice because of insufficient credit.
- Every Cashless Card has a unique number code printed on it.
- Put in this code at https://novarock.eventportal.io or in the Nova Rock App and you can see your current credit balanceand transactionsat all times (Internet connection required). Also, you can have your current credit balance checked at all Self Service Stations, assisted Top-Up Stations and with the bar crew.
- Personalization:You can also personalize your card, in order to do that you have to state your Email-address, your first and last name at https://novarock.eventportal.io. Thereby you can disable the Card in case of loss, you can have possibly remaining credit on the Card transferred back online (for this you have to state your bank details separately before the transfer). But please be aware: Due to delayed system updates we can’t guarantee a card cancellation for 100 %.
- Aside from the possibility to get remaining credit transferred back comfortably to you online (only available with personalization), you can also get a cash pay-out on site at one of the main Top-Up Stations (one near the wristband issue point, one at the entrance to the venue and one at the camping site near the food court). For the participation of the branded cards in the raffle no personalization is necessary, but is recommended.
Where do I get the Card?
You can get your Card on site at every one of our assisted Top-Up Stations (Ladestation). Here you see the Top-Up Stations at a glance: Top-Up Stations Area Map.
Is there a deposit for the Card?
How do I add credit to the Cashless Card?
You can buy a Nova Rock Credit Voucher beforehand at the Online Shop (Shop coming soon). After the sale is finalized you get an invoice with QR-Code which you can use on site to get your Card more quickly (fast lane for voucher owners).The Credit Vouchers are available in these varieties:
You can top up the card on site with any amount at every Top-Up Station by using
- a bank card (Maestro)
- a credit card (Visa, Master Card)
- or cash.
By handing over cash, putting in your PIN or signing the credit card receipt the top-up is considered confirmed. Only your bank according to their TOS can help you with abuse of your bank card/credit card by third parties. At the Top-Up Stations or Self Service Stations you can also add credit. It makes sense to top up a suitable amount right away. Should there be verifiable monetary advantages for the guest through handling errors, the guest is not authorized to spend this money. We reserve the right to correct these errors as soon as they become obvious.
What is a Top-Up Station (Ladestation) and where do I find one?
Top-Up Stations are specially branded containers with assistance where
- get your Card there
- top up and pay out your credit
- check your credit balance
- and get help with your questions.
In addition, there are three main Top-Up Stations which are bigger and better staffed (one near the wristband issue point, one at the entrance to the venue and one at the camping site near the food court), where you can also get your credit back in cash. Here you see the Top-Up Stations at a glance: Top-Up Stations Area Map.
Do Top-Up Stations have opening hours?
The main Top-Up Stations (see Top-Up Stations Area Plan) are staffed around the clock, we will spread our Card-crew here according to the demand. We are offering this service at night, but we ask for your understanding that there will only be a small team on duty and longer waiting times are possible.
Where can I see my current credit balance?
- Every Cashless Card has a unique number codeprinted on it.
- Put in this code at www.novarock.eventportal.io or in the Nova Rock App
- and you can see your current credit balance and transactions at all times (Internet connection required). Also, you can have your current credit balance checked at all assisted Top-Up Stationsand with the bar crew.
How much should I add to the Card, reasonably?
Generally there is no minimum top-up. But it makes sense to get a suitable amount of credit for the whole festival right away:
- You spare yourself from some unnecessary walksto the Top-Up Stations.
- It will not happen to you that quickly that you’re at the bar and realize when paying that you’re out of credit (back to the start).
- You get your money back easily and comfortably, therefore it’s better to add a bit too much than too little (see „“How will I get my money back?““).
How will I get my money back?
You can get your remaining credit transferred back to you online comfortably after the festival (only possible with personalization of the Card).
- Notice that the online retransfer is only active from Tuesday, June 18th, from 14:00 At that point all of the transactions from the festival are guaranteed to be synchronized in the system.
- You have to arrange the online retransfer until December 31st, 23:59
- When transferring back to an Austrian account number, no transfer fees or chargeswill be deducted.
- The domestic transfer can take up to 5 working days. With foreign accounts we reserve the right to retain handling or service fees thereby incurred. Depending on the country, the transfer may take several days up to weeks.
At the festival site You can get your remaining credit back in cash directly on site at one of the main Top-Up Stations (one near the wristband issue point, one at the entrance to the venue and one at the camping site near the food court). Please note that the cash payout is only possible until Monday, 17.06.2019 12:00. Thereafter, your balance can only be refunded via the online payout, described above.
What are my benefits?
- The card system saves time,
- is easy to handle
- and will shorten waiting times at catering outlets.
A regular financial transaction with cash always takes more time e.g. for handing over the change. With the card the duration is reduced to a minimum. There is no necessity to carry cash all the time and the system increases security and transparency of the payment transactions and leaves the guest free of care. For further benefits see personalization.
How do I benefit from personalizing the Card?
You can also personalize your card, in order to do that you have to state
- your Email-address
- your first
- and last name at www.novarock.eventportal.io.
Thereby you can have possibly remaining credit on the Card transferred back online (for this you have to state your bank details separately before the transfer).
Where and how can I personalize the Card?
In order to do that you have to state
- your Email-address
- your firstand last name at https://novarock.eventportal.io
By doing that you have the immediate benefit that you can disable your Card in case of loss. Please note that due to delayed system updates we can’t guarantee a card cancellation for 100 %.
Will there still be a cash machine?
There will be NO cash machine on site. The only things you will need cash for are:
- Shuttle Buses
- Bathing Buses (to go for a swim)
- trash deposit.
How secure is my data?
State-of-the-art technology and encryption methods are being used to protect the data and credit balance of the guests. Reliability and data security are the main priority.
What happens if my card is damaged?
Every guest is obligated to handle their Card properly and carefully. We will not be liable for the lack of care of a Card (e.g. damage/loss/theft of non-personalized Cards) or incorrect use by the guest.
How can I disable my Card?
If you have lost your Card you can alert our Card-crew – as long as your Card has been personalized already and the data is successfully stored in our system your Card can be disabled. It can take a few minutes until your Card is disabled completely. Due to delayed system updates we can’t guarantee a card cancellation for 100 %. Unfortunately we cannot be held liable for the misuse of your Card in the time until it can be completely disabled by us. Tip: Take good care of your Cards!
Can the system break down?
A breakdown of the system is virtually impossible. Thanks to the possibility of transferring data over the mobile network no special infrastructure is needed, professional monitoring of the system is being conducted online permanently. Should there be disruptions in the mobile network or the on-site internet connection, the system also works reliably in offline mode and is therefore fail-safe.
All transactions will be conducted exclusively in EURO.