Our 1-day festival on Sep. 11th, 2021 in the Wr. Neustadt takes place – but to protect all visitors in compliance with the 2G rule. Visiting the festival is therefore only possible for double vaccinated people or visitors who can show a valid negative PCR test (sample taken after 09.09., 11.00 a.m.). This decision was made after many discussions with our planning team, which also includes public health expert Hans-Peter Hutter and simulation researcher Niki Popper. The team of experts and the city of Wiener Neustadt fully support the festival. The new measures guarantee us that the Nova Rock Encore in the Wr. Neustadt will certainly take place.
All further important info and FAQs can be found here:
The Nova Rock Encore takes place on Sep. 11th 2021 at the Arena Wiener Neustadt.
Doors: 11.00 a.m.
Start: 12.00 noon
Backpacks and bags are allowed. However, the following items and things may not be carried:
- Beverages & Liquids
- Weapons and dangerous objects that could be used as weapons or projectiles
- Glass containers, bottles, cans, plastic bottles and plastic canisters and hard packaging (except small perfumes, small deodorants)
- Bulky items such as stools, chairs, boxes
Knives, poles, umbrellas, torches, sticks, so-called "SelfieSticks"
- Pyrotechnic material such as fireworks, Bengal fire and the like
- Chain belts, rivet tapes and rivet belts (pointed rivets)
- Remote-controlled toys such as cars, planes, helicopters, etc.
- Drones and other flying objects such as balloons, sky lanterns, etc.
- Professional image and sound recording devices
You need a valid 2G proof (vaccinated or negative valid PCR test) + an official photo ID, as well as your valid Nova Rock Encore ticket.
Please consider that you can access the concert area faster with a valid QR code (form) and the “Green Pass” APP with QR code. This will help to speed up the admission procedure.
Considered as vaccinated is:
- Anyone who has proof of a second vaccination. If you are vaccinated only once. a valid, negative PCR test with a sample taken after 09.09., 11.00 a.m. is required.
- Anyone who has received a Johnson & Johnson vaccination 21 days before the festival at the latest.
- Anyone who can prove that he/she has recovered from a Covid-19 infection and has already received a first vaccination.
PCR samples must be taken after Thursday, 09.09., 11:00 a.m. Later samples are not valid for an access.
Yes, children under the age of 12 years need a valid negative PCR test as well.
Please come already tested! On site, we will only provide a few “tests for special cases” at a price of EUR 65.00. Unfortunately, very long waiting times are inevitable in these cases.
Info about Austrian test options. For international info please check out your state's homepage.
- Burgenland: Free tests in BITZ and community test roads - no registration required!
- Carinthia: currently does not officially offer free PCR tests!
- Lower Austria: https://notrufnoe.com/testung/ .After making an online appointment, the swabs are taken in the pharmacies and the result is automatically sent by SMS or email.
- Upper Austria: https://allesgurgelt.at/oberoesterreich/ Since July 19th in Linz and from August 2nd in the districts of Gmunden and Vöcklabruck, PCR gurgle tests can be picked up free of charge in all BIPA markets and in all markets of the REWE Group (BILLA, BILLA PLUS, BIPA & PENNY) and the petrol station shops "BP MERKUR Inside", "BILLA Unterwegs" & "BILLA STOP-SHOP" can be handed in.
- Salzburg: https://www.salzburg.gv.at/themen/gesundheit/corona-virus/coronatests . There are currently three test stations in the city of Salzburg and several test stations each in Flachgau, Tennengau, Lungau, Pinzgau and Pongau. Supervised PCR gargle tests are offered at the test stations. In addition, several pharmacies in the state of Salzburg also offer free corona tests.
- Styria: Since July 22nd, 2021, free PCR tests have been gradually rolled out on the 30 test lanes of the State of Styria. Pharmacies follow. https://www.testen.steiermark.at
- Tyrol: https://www.tiroltestet.at/ . People who live in Tyrol or are in the state can also register for a PCR test for a visit to the night restaurant in one of the 10 PCR screening streets.
- Vorarlberg: https://vorarlberg.at/vorarlbergtestet . 29 test pharmacies (free testing with e-card) REGISTER at https://apotheken.oesterreich-testet.at/#/registration/start or directly at the pharmacies. (As of August 13, 2021)
- Vienna: https://coronavirus.wien.gv.at/testangebote/ As part of the “Alles gurgelt!” campaign, all Viennese also have the opportunity to be tested free of charge using a PCR gargle test at home or in one of the gargle boxes at 10 locations in Vienna. The home test kits can be picked up in all BIPA markets throughout Vienna. Samples can be handed in at all REWE locations throughout Vienna (Billa, Merkur, BIPA, Penny, petrol stations with REWE shops).
List of pharmacies that also offer free PCR tests at Österreich-Testet: https://www.apothekerkammer.at/
The festival area may be entered and left at any time in compliance with the 2G rule. For this you will then receive a “re-entry wristband”.
No, there is no minimum distance rule for both standing and seating area.
Yes there will be free festival ribbons (=wristbands) for all visitors and free Nova Rock key chains for the first 5000 visitors.
Merch is now available in the Merch Webshop* at brvd.de/novarock and of course on September 11th. at the festival merch stand.
*With every online order there is a free Nova Rock mask - while stocks last.
You can pay with cash (€) at all bars and stands on site. A few beverage bars are also equipped with ATM machines. However, we recommend that you take some cash with you.